Some of our webtexts contain writing templates. These are designed to guide you through the process of completing your writing assignment.
After you respond to each prompt, click Save Draft. When you're done, click the Add button.
You can change your responses after you have clicked Add by clicking the Edit button.
The template is not considered complete until you click Add. If you haven't done that yet, you will be prevented from completing future templates.
The Add button will only become clickable when the entire template has been completed and saved. It will appear in a lighter color until the template is finished.
When using the #cite tool, your sentence will appear again below the text box. Under that will be a drop-down menu. Choose the source that you wish to cite.
After you choose your source, you will need to choose the style that you would like your citation to appear in.
Lastly, if the style you chose requires a page number, you will need to add one.
You must complete the templates in order. If you do not complete them in order, you will see a message sending you back to the incomplete template.
You may have to click several links until you are taken back to the incomplete template.
If you find that the #cite tool is not working properly, please check your browser add ons to see if you have the Grammarly extension installed. It has been known to interfere only with the #cite tool in the templates.
You might see it here in the upper right corner of your browser if you do have it installed. It looks like a little green circle.
If you click on it, you should see an option to disable this extension only while using your webtext. Click the button to toggle from green to grey to the right of "Check for Grammar and Spelling on webtexts.com".
If that doesn't work, go into your settings and disable the extension entirely.
- Click the menu icon "≡" at the top right of the browser window, choose "More tools" and choose "Extensions" to open a new tab.
- Uncheck "Enabled" to disable Grammarly, or click "Remove" to delete it completely.
- Click the menu icon "≡" at the top right of the browser window, and choose "Add-ons".
- Find the extension and then click the "Disable" button on the right.
- Restart Firefox to complete the process.
- Select the button in the upper right (…) to open the menu.
- Select Extensions from the menu.
- Right-click the extension you want to remove and select Remove, or select the extension and click the Remove button.
If you have any questions, click the Messenger button in the lower right corner. You can also contact us using the information below.
Monday-Friday 9am-9pm ET
Sundays 1pm-9pm ET